Thank You for enquiring about Summer 2021 employment at HOP.
We have filled all PT/FT positions.
If you would like to be considered for a casual position…
HOP Manager and Shift Supervisors are responsible for providing leadership and direction for pool staff working under their guidance.
Pool Hours: 7:00am to 8:30pm (10:00pm if rentals) Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 8:30pm (10:00pm if rentals) Saturday/Sunday
Position term: June 1 to September 6.
Hours of Work: Varying day, evening and/or weekend shifts.
As a Supervisor you…
- May be required to assist in coordination of all functions including recruiting, training, scheduling, evaluating, coaching and supervision
- Will assist in developing staff in-service, special events, and programs
- Will help the Manager maintain a staffing budget
- Plan, schedule, promote and evaluate programs and events
- Will display knowledge of and compliance with codes related to the operation of an aquatic facility, including policies and procedures, maintaining water quality, and the ability to understand mechanical and chemical systems is essential
- Show experience in strong leadership, organizational skills, and communication skills
- Promote a friendly and positive public relations and staff atmosphere
- Are responsible for the safety of our patrons and are respected members of our working team
- Are dedicated to maintaining and improving our community and as such, assist the public and other staff with professionalism, courtesy and respect
- Expect to demonstrate strong customer service skills including cash handling, concession support, registrations, and patron admissions
- Can assist in facility startup, shut-down and with daily maintenance and cleaning
- Will be actively involved in creating and maintaining a safe fun environment
- Are energetic, with a high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities
- NLS, WSI, Standard First Aid CPR C/AED
- Pool Operations 1 (2 – required for Manager)
- NLS Instructor, WSI Instructor, First Aid Instructor an asset
- Previous supervisory experience an asset
Competition is open until suitable candidates have been found. Interviews will start mid April/early May.
The Highwood Outdoor Pool is seeking responsible, motivated applicants for summer 2021.
Pool Hours: 7:00am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 10:00pm Saturday/Sunday
Position term: the beginning /mid June to the 1st week of September.
Hours of Work: Varying day, evening & weekend shifts.
As a Highwood Outdoor Pool Staff member, you will be…
- Responsible for the safety of our patrons and are respected members of our working team
- Dedicated to maintaining and improving our community and as such, assist the public and each other with professionalism, courtesy and respect
- Expected to demonstrate strong customer service skills including cash handling, concession support, registrations, and patron admissions
- Willing to assist in facility seasonal startup, shut-down as well with daily maintenance and cleaning
- Eager to participate in staff meetings and in-services
- Actively involved in creating and maintaining a safe fun environment
- Energetic, with a high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities
As an instructor, you will…
- Evaluate and record Red Cross swim lesson participant progress and attendance
- Complete participant report cards in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure safety standards and procedures are followed by all pool users
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safe work environment
- Respond to customer questions
- Assist and or lead in emergency situations
- Set up and put away equipment, when lesson use is over
As a lifeguard, you will…
- Lead and/or assist in emergency situations
- Ensure patron compliance with standards and procedures
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, and requests for program information
- 1+ Years of Practical Guarding Experience
- NLS certification
- WSI certification
- Must be a minimum of 18 yrs of age for Lifeguard & 16 years for Jr. Instructor
- First Aid CPR C/AED certification
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer and Lifesaving Instructor Trainer an asset.
- Water chemistry and pool operations experience an asset
- Instructors must be willing and able to commit to consistent availability July 1 to August 27 with no extended time away
- Free facility usage and suntan
- Close-knit outdoor pool environment
- Great learning experience
- Advance summer work schedule
This position reports to the Pool Manager and the Community Liaison
- Provide creative and energetic supervision and leadership to all campers
- Cooperate with other DayCamp staff to provide a positive care environment
- Enter the pool with campers for swimming instruction or free swim
- Provide 1st Aid care when necesary
- Meet and greet parents and campers on arrival and departure from camp
- Maintain a clean and safe work/play environment
- Display superior customer service, proficient problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Assist with other camp or pool related duties as required
- Attend staff in-services as scheduled
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and solid problem solving abilities
- The ability to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30am to 5:00pm
- A strong work ethic and initiative towards continuous improvement
- Current Standard 1st Aid CPR C/AED
- Water Safety Instructor (an asset)
- NLS Certification (an asset)
- HIGH 5 training (an asset)